Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Tired Tuesday

Well, I was not a happy camper when the alarm went off at 5 am today. I got out of bed though and got changed to take Shawn to work. I let him drive as I needed to still finish waking up. As Shawn was getting out of the car at work he realized he didn't have his work radio with them. I found out from him where he'd be working today. I then drove home and got his radio. Stopped at Target to put some minutes on his cell phone and then went searching for him. I had a 2 square mile area that I had to look in. Luckily, I know his truck number so I don't have to stop and look at the driver as all the trash and yard waste trucks are "grab arm" trucks where the driver doesn't have to get out if it's just the curbie cart. I found the trash truck, then the recycle truck and then Shawn. He does yard waste during Compost season. I told him there were minutes on his phone, gave him his radio and a 20 oz Coke bottle filled with sweet tea. I figured he could use it. I have to giggle at him sometimes. He was born and raised in the Metro Detroit area but he gets upset if I don't have sweet tea made. When we first met he thought it was too sweet. Now he orders it if he has it as an option and has become somewhat of a sweet tea snob. I'm somewhat the same though. I usually won't order sweet tea north of Kentucky although I did find a Big Boy in Ohio that was pretty good.

Went to my appointment at noon and then headed to Wal-Mart Supercenter. I'm upset with them right now as they had a box of 100 tea bags for 96 cents as recently as a month ago. I bought two boxes at that time. I use 8 tea bags for a 3 quart pitcher. When I went to buy more today I couldn't find them. Picked up the rest of my list and got two things not on my list. They had fresh corn 8/$2 and fresh green beans for 77 cents/lb.

Now I'm debating what I want to make for dinner. I was originally thinking tacos & burritos. Now I'm thinking I might take some pork chops out of the freezer and have them with salad, corn on the cob and some other side. Decisions, decisions. I think it will depend on what time Shawn gets off work as I have to go pick him up.

1 comment:

Gail said...

I hope you're feelin' better today Erin.You deserve brownie points for getting up that early :O)