Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Last night's dinner, puzzle pain and a Mayoral Mess

This was last night's dinner. BBQ Chicken leg quarters, zucchini, summer squash and onions sauteed together and "whomp" biscuits. I had made enough for Shawn to take some for lunch today but he walked out the door this morning leaving it in the fridge. We have been working on this puzzle for over a week now. Nicholas wanted to put it together while he was here on vacation. We started it the evening of Saturday the 2nd. I have one piece in the upper left that is becoming my nemisis.
Lastly, for those who don't know I'm in the Metro Detroit area. Right now on the local stations they are showing the hearing on whether or not Detroit's Mayor violated his bond on his latest charge. I believe that Kwame Kilpatrick should step down from office. There are some that say that those who live in the suburbs have no say in what happens in the city. This situation though is affecting not just the city of Detroit but the surrounding area including the entire state of Michigan. I believe he is causing this area to have a huge "black eye". This all stems from an alleged party at the Manoogian Mansion (Mayoral residence) in 2002. This is just my two cents.

3 comments:

Gail said...

Good luck with the puzzle Erin! What's it supposed to be when it's all together?

Erin said...

It's a field with flowers. If you click on the picture it should come up larger. I have the box in the picture. We are basically down to all of the red pieces now which is basically all of the lower half of the puzzle.

Shirla said...

Good luck with the puzzle. My Mama used to love working on puzzles. She liked the big ones with the small pieces.