Monday, September 22, 2008

Somewhat Menu For The Week

With the way the economy is today we are trying to squeeze everything we can out of our grocery budget. I've been trying to make enough for dinner that will have leftovers for Shawn to take to work. He's been using one of my "green bags (reusable shopping bag)" as his lunch bag. He told me his buddies at work call it his purse. I've tried menu planning before but it didn't work out too well. I'm going to try again though. I only have through Friday as we'll probably go grocery shopping at Meijer on Friday. We just had a new one open in our neighborhood and they sent us a Grand Opening Savings Card. Starting this week, for the next four weeks, if we spend $50 or more, we get $10 off. For those that don't have Meijer it would be similar to a Wal-Mart Supercenter or a Super K-Mart. We get the bedding for the pigs there so that will be almost $7 of the $50. I've already looked at their ad online and marked down the deals and what we need. Ok, enough rambling and on to the menu for the week:

Monday
Steak
Pierogies
Chopped Collard Greens
Fruit Cocktail
*Monday's Menu has become Tuesday's meal as Shawn didn't get off work until 8 pm Monday. I think I will take off the original Thursday dinner and push Tuesday to Wednesday and Wednesday to Thursday.
Tuesday
Hamburgers
Onion Rings
Tomatoes
HM Brownie Bites
Wednesday
Shrimp Monterey
Salad
Tomatoes and Cucumbers
Ice Cream or Popsicles
Thursday
Fish
Onion Rings
Hush Puppies
????
Friday
Sliced Steak w/HM Gravy over Rice
Green Beans
Peaches
Cupcakes (if I make them)

No comments: