Friday, January 16, 2009

BRRRRRRRRRRR.....

Well, we are currently at -7F. Our wind chill is -22F. Our high is expected to be 7F. I will be working a longer day today as most of the area schools are closing.

Speaking of school closings, our local FOX station has a cool feature. I was signed up via our NBC station to receive e-mail alerts when the kids' schools are closed. Our FOX station does the same thing but also offers text messages. I signed up for the text messages this morning for each of the kids' schools, districts and transportation districts. Samantha is transported by two different districts. I got up at 4:30 am to check on closings. I then signed up for and verified the text messages. As I was getting ready, I received a text that Samantha's district was closed. She originally had a 1/2 day today. I called Shawn's ex to let her know telling her that I was getting ready to head out the door to come to her house. While I was letting my car warm up and getting the ice off the windshield I received the text that Nicholas' district was closed. With that text I knew that I would be working longer hours today and would not be able to help out Shawn's ex. My best friend is Samantha's caregiver but she is currently unable to do her job due to a medical emergency. We will have Samantha this weekend and Nicholas will be going to his aunt's. The visit to his aunt was already in the plans for this weekend as it was not our scheduled weekend.

No comments: