Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A Visit From An Elf

I used to post often on an AOL message board. We have been doing a Santa Swap for as long as I've been on the board. A few years ago during one of the swaps, the Elf Wars started. It is said that there are only two sides: Elf Eater or Elf Protector. Supposedly, you can not be neutral on the matter.

Samantha and I put the 3 foot tree up in the kids' room on Sunday. As we were decorating it I came across this little guy. I don't recall him from previous years. I guess he has decided that I am an Elf Protector. He is perched up at the top of the tree keeping an eye over the room and the Sugar Pigs.

4 comments:

Gail said...

Erin,I'm neutral....but I reserved the right to make up words to a song for either side :o) That's a cute idea,putting a tree in the kids room,that never occurred to me.

Shirla said...

Awwwww I know that elf is safe at your house! :)

Julieann said...

I so remember this all starting up--and yes, this little elf is Switzerland...LOL:)

Julieann

Mrs Swan said...

LOL How funny! I think he was hiding from Moose at your house. I had her for the swap that year (or the yr after) and I sent her a bunch of elf stuff that I had handmade from online people.