Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Been Some Time....

I haven't posted much lately as life has been pretty busy around here. I haven't been cooking as much lately either. It's been lots of YOYO nights around here.



I did cook this last Monday (9/29) though. It's a recipe that I got off an AOL message board. I don't recall which board or the original poster anymore. I will post the recipe with my notes.

Crockpot Chicken & Dumplings

Ingredients:

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in small chunks
2 cans condensed cream of chicken soup (I have used cream of mushroom with no problems. I've also used one family size can instead of two small cans)
1/4 cup onion, finely diced (I usually do 1/2 an onion)
2 cups water
2 10 oz packages refrigerated biscuits
1 chicken bouillon cube (I use powdered bouillon)

I did add some fresh mushrooms I had to this batch. That's why they're in the picture.

Directions:

Combine all ingredients, except biscuits, in slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours. 30 minutes before serving, tear biscuit dough into 1-inch pieces. Add biscuit dough to slow cooker; stirring gently. Cover and cook on HIGH for an additional 30 minutes or until biscuits are fluffed up and cooked through.

I have made this dish many times for the whole family and everyone gobbles it up.

1 comment:

Shirla said...

I have never tried Brenda's C&D recipe, it looks good. I might give it a try next time I make it.

Thanks for letting me know what your song was. I remember that song very well!